Tuesday 30 December 2008

2008: Final Words

The year has been full of achievements, history, hot music and swagger (word of the year no doubt).

I felt like it was only right to say a some final words to wrap up the year nicely, speaking of my own achievements (hey - it's my blog right?)

So heres a breif overview of my year...

On Febuary 8th i deejayed for DJ Ironik. I was extreamly overwhelmed when i first got the call about doing the night, being put alongside a guy like Ironik was a pretty big deal for me - the night was a smash. Further on in the year i've deejayed for Chipmunk, N-Dubz and Ultra.


On the 8th of March this year i began the DJ WM Weekly Podcast's, the initial reaction was crazy so this year i reached a nice round number of 40 episodes - of course carrying on into next year too! Don't forget the Podcast's are now on iTunes so please get involved and subscribe! Just type my name in the search area (DJ WM)


Rewind to August when i went up to KISS 100 in London to hang with DJ Swerve whilst he was doing his show, it was a brilliant experience, Swerve was the reason i began deejaying so to see him do his show live was pretty special!

In November of this year i won a very big title of 'Young DJ of The Year,' it's all still a blur and it's only just about sunk in that i actually won such a title, it means alot seriously, my life depends on music and I'm working so hard to get up to the top. Big shout out to Ben and Rob who run the award night - they really put in the work, also out to the cast of Hollyoaks who were down that night, very nice bunch of guys who had alot of nice words about my set.


November also held the KISS Academy, props to everyone at Arena 6 - Melissa, Wendy and everyone else, they put alot of effort into making the day a good'un! I got to show my skills off to Manny Norte, Swerve, Fader (Loose Cannons), N-Dubz and a whole bunch of people from the station - amazing day.


Theres just a few big things that i've been involved in this year. Trust me when i say that 09 is looking bigger already - watch this space!

Final thanks to all of you guys who have been supporting me, the blog and the Podcasts!

See you in 2000ANDMINE

1 comment:

DJ Cable said...

Happy New Year bro